50 years experience in Marine Breakaway Technology
The Marine Breakaway Coupling is a device designed to provide an identified safe parting point in a hose transfer system when it is subjected to excessive overload generated by a vessel moving off station and breaking it’s mooring hawser(s) or similar such incident.
The features of the Marine Breakaway Coupling are the following:
- Subsea design from 20 meters downward
- Controlled by Double Closure valves
- Bi-directional usage
- Reusable after breaking !
- Release force: adjustable
- Pressure rating: PN20 (290psi)
- Working pressure: max. 17bar
- Temperature from -55°C to +200°C
- Design Closure Time: 1 – 6 seconds
- Material: SS316 / Duplex
- Spare-part-free, non-destructive separation
- No shear pins involved and no destruction.
- Start-up kit / Installation kit & Repair kit comes with the MBC