The parallel motion fender is a uniquely designed complete fender system. A swivel lever-arm is placed between the structure and the panel restrains. The panel movement during the continuous fender compression, allowing it to move only parallel to its mounting irrespective of the impact level and angle. The following features are obvious:
- The system provides identical energy absorption capacity at any impact level.
- There is no second point of contact between a ship and a fender system.
- The reaction force is much lower in comparison with the conventional fender systems.
- The lower reaction force result in less hull pressure and lighter structures which can lead to significant savings in a complete project.
- This type of fender is designed exclusively for each particular project.