The cylindrical type was the first fender produced with a defined performance. Adequate installation is simply achieved by the use of chains, bars, ropes or specially designed brackets. Increasing reaction force and absorption of energy proportionally throughout the path to nominal deformation is an advantage that leads to softer berthing. Some of the advantages are the following:
- Very powerful and simple fender type.
- Easy installation by allowing multiple uses in different berths.
- Outside diameter up to 2,700 mm and internal diameter wide range from only 50 to 1,300 mm.
- Length up to 20 m, limited mainly by handling and transport, may require special dimensions and features such as pre-bend or jointing can be requested.
- Applying for Ro-Ro and fast ferry berths, LNG and tanker terminals, Naval facilities.